Professional teeth whitening is an excellent way to brighten your smile and remove stubborn tooth stains. And in our dental clinic, we use the Phillips Zoom! Teeth Whitening System because our patients have loved their results, especially considering that Zoom! in Northern Beaches can whiten smiles up to eight shades during a single clinic visit.
How Much Does Teeth Whitening Cost with Your Northern Beaches Dentist?
The cost for professional teeth whitening depends on a few factors, including any necessary pretreatments to make you a good candidate for our product. Pretreatments may include professional teeth cleaning to rid your enamel of plaque and tartar. This approach allows the whitening product to penetrate enamel pores better to remove deeper stains.
Other pretreatments can include addressing a cavity or underlying oral health concerns found during your whitening consultation. However, our team will share the final price with you following your initial visit with the dentist.
10 Benefits of Having Whiter Teeth
Our patients have been thrilled with their professional teeth whitening treatments, and we imagine you’ll be pleased as well. So, let’s explore some of the potential benefits of professional teeth whitening.
#1 A Bright Smile Enhances Your Appearance
Many patients are surprised by how much white teeth can improve their smile and overall look!
#2 Whiter Teeth May Contribute to a Sunnier Outlook
Sometimes, how we look impacts the way we feel. Smiling can be contagious. Sharing your smile with the world can brighten your day and those around you.
#3 Whiter Teeth May Contribute to a Younger Look
Teeth discolour as we age. Teeth whitening treatment can turn back the clock by removing years of stains from coffee, tea, wine and colourful foods.
#4 You May Feel More Confident with a Whiter Smile
Feeling confident can boost your energy, give you a whole new outlook and put some vigour in your step.
#5 Teeth Whitening Is Affordable
There are many cosmetic dentistry options available, but teeth whitening is one of the least expensive choices around. Results are quick, and treatment is non-invasive.
#6 White Teeth Allow You to Have Lighter Coloured Fillings and Crowns
Restorations don’t lighten with teeth whitening, but whiter teeth mean you can choose lighter crowns and prosthetics for an overall brighter look.
#7 Teeth Whitening May Promote Improved Brushing and Flossing
If you love the look of your new smile, it may encourage you never to skip brushing and flossing sessions. Cleaning your teeth regularly will help maintain your investment in teeth whitening.
#8 White Teeth May Encourage You to Give Up Smoking
Smoking is one of the top culprits of tooth discolouration. Seeing your new white smile may prompt you to give up the unhealthy and tooth-staining habit, which is better for your oral health and overall wellness.
#9 Teeth Whitening Is Non-Invasive
With this option, you can dramatically improve your smile without invasive surgery, treatments or a lengthy recovery.
#10 White Teeth May Encourage You to Smile More
Smiling patients are one of our favourite things at United Dental Clinic!
7 Myths and Truths About Teeth Whitening
There are myths and truths surrounding many treatments, and not only in dentistry. Let’s explore a few that deal specifically with teeth whitening.
- Myth #1: Professional teeth whitening damages teeth and can lead to early tooth loss.
- Truth: Your dentist takes measures to ensure teeth whitening treatment is safe for your teeth.
- Myth #2: Professional teeth whitening means a lifetime of tooth sensitivity.
- Truth: Professional teeth whitening may, in rare cases, cause a few days of tooth sensitivity, but it will go away within a few days.
- Myth #3: Professional teeth whitening is no different than shop-bought treatments.
- Truth: Professional teeth whitening is prescription-strength, and nothing on the market is comparable.
- Myth #4: Professional teeth whitening can damage gums and lead to ongoing problems.
- Truth: Store-bought kits are the real culprit because they may not be compatible with your oral health profile, and a dentist does not oversee treatment.
- Myth #5: Professional teeth whitening only lasts for a few months.
- Truth: A professional tooth whitening treatment can last for a few years with healthy habits. You can also boost your new smile with touchup treatments.
- Myth #6: Oil pulling is just as effective as professional teeth whitening.
- Truth: There is no scientific evidence that swishing with coconut oil removes tooth stains.
- Myth #7: You can whiten veneers and other restorations with teeth whitening treatments.
- Truth: Veneers and restorations are set in colour and cannot be lightened. It’s best to whiten teeth before starting tooth restoration treatment.
Make Your Smile Beautiful with Teeth Whitening
Professional teeth whitening can be used alone or with other cosmetic treatments to give you the smile you’ve been looking for.
To arrange a consultation with one of our cosmetic dentists in Northern Beaches, we encourage you to reach out to our dental team today.