Whiter, brighter teeth with United Dental Clinic
White teeth give the impression of youth, glamour and great oral health.
Do your teeth need a pick-me-up? If discoloration is your concern, United Dental Clinic has you covered with in-office teeth whitening by the Phillips Zoom! Teeth Whitening system.
Different lifestyle and diet factors can cause unsightly stains on our teeth. To restore them to their former gleaming glory, teeth whitening is the answer.
Modern dental technology advancements are making teeth whitening more and more accessible, safe, and effective. Professional teeth whitening is, by far, the fastest way to a brighter smile; Zoom! in-office whitening treatment can whiten your smile by up to eight shades in just one visit!
When you visit United Dental Clinic for a teeth whitening procedure, you can be sure you are in safe hands.
At a glance
What stains teeth?
Everyday factors of modern life can contribute to dental staining. Often, this can include:
- Tea and coffee
- Citrus and acidic foods
- Sweets and soft drink
- Alcohol (especially red wine)
- Richly pigmented foods (such as blackberries)
Luckily, modern dental advancements allow in-chair teeth whitening to be stronger and more effective than ever. United Dental Clinic is proud to offer Phillips Zoom! Whitening for patients who wish to reclaim a glowing, white smile.
Can anyone have their teeth whitened?
Professional teeth whitening is a completely safe procedure; however, as with most medical and dental procedures, there are attributes and conditions that would exclude some patients. These include:
- Acid erosion
- Extremely sensitive teeth
- Receding gums
- Hydrogen peroxide sensitivity
- Tooth decay
- Anyone younger than 16
- People with visible fillings, veneers or crowns
See our reviews
5/5 based on 83 Reviews
I’m so grateful to have found United Dentistery, I’m always so reluctant to go to the Dentist due to quite severe Anxiety.. I was blown...
The dentist is very professional and competent. Modern equipment at the clinic, and I was given clear explanation as to procedures.
Very friendly staff! Complicated procedure all well explained; expensive implant surgery was very reasonably priced compared to other places. Great communication & teamwork between staff...
The true 'gentle dental!' I was extremely well looked after by all staff and thoroughly impressed with the careful and professional treatment I received. My...
I was pleased with your EXCELLENT service!! Thank you MATTHEW for the great job you did! Yours sincerely, Lars
Cutting edge dentistry in a family friendly setting. All of the staff in this clinic deserve an A+ rating. Highly recommended.
The assistants were super friendly and very accommodating. Dr. K. Baran was very friendly and was very reassuring and put me at ease as soon...
I had a huge fear of the dentist due to previous experiences. I can now say my fear is completely gone to the amazing team...
By understanding that I was an anxious patient I was really helped through the procedure. I felt relaxed and in capable hands. I needed emergency...
I highly recommend this practice for anyone that wants an exceptional dental service, with very friendly, gentle and helpful staff at a great price.
My review is based on many past experiences with dental problems and frustrations particularly with dentures, so much so that I had not worn dentures...
Before I wrote this review I had attended United Dental clinic for the last 6 months... so my review is based on many visits. I...
Dr Baran, I cannot thank you enough for helping me through my recent tooth drama. Your professionalism and ability to calm and manage my anxiety...
Staff are very friendly and pleasant. Its all just a little fake. The (lovely) young women have pretty eyes with big fluttery eyelashes. (Nothing wrong...
What is Zoom! Whitening?
Zoom! in-chair whitening is a highly effective method to whiten your teeth by up to eight shades in as little as one hour. The popular treatment incorporates light technology and a hydrogen peroxide formula to lift stains and discolouration, leaving your teeth whiter and brighter. The Zoom! treatment has been tried and tested to provide gleaming results to countless patients while minimising discomfort. The industry-leader in whitening is only able to be performed by a registered dentist or dental hygienist, as the procedure can be challenging and quite technical; however, it is completely safe when done as intended by a trained professional.
In more detail
How does Zoom! Whitening work?
Zoom!, like most teeth whitening options, is a bleaching procedure. Bleaches contain an active ingredient (generally either carbamide peroxide or hydrogen peroxide) which helps remove both deep and surface stains. Bleaching opens internal channels of the tooth to effectively penetrate and whiten.
The Zoom! Teeth Whitening Process
1. Prior to your teeth whitening procedure, your dentist will conduct an examination to ensure teeth whitening is for you. Not everyone is suited to in-chair teeth whitening due to the strength of the treatment.
2. Using a polishing tool, your dentist will clean the surfaces of your teeth. This ensures the whitening gel is applied to a clean surface.
3. Next, a special ring will be put in your mouth, pulling back the lips and covering most of the gums, holding your teeth in a wide grin. Later on, the UV light will attach to this. Gauze is placed down the sides of the mouth to sit alongside and protect the teeth which are not seen or being whitened.
4. A rubbery resin is then put onto the exposed gums. Applied precisely with a syringe, this protects the gums from being burnt in the process. It is hardened with a light.
5. Once all soft, exposed areas are covered, the whitening gel is ‘painted’ onto the surfaces of the teeth. The Zoom! Whitening UV light is then connected to the mouth splint and switched on.
6. Depending on the sensitivity of your teeth and your desired result, your dentist will determine a period of time for you to be under the light over intervals.
7. During each interval, your dentist will check you are okay – some people experience severe sensitivity by now – and use a suction device to remove excess saliva and old whitening gel. The whitening solution is then re-applied if there is more time left to the treatment.
8. Once the whitening treatment is over, your dentist will remove the stretching device and peel the protective resin from your gums. Rinse your mouth out and spit in the sink; your teeth might be feeling a little sensitive, but this is typical.
The effects of bleaching are a common concern among those who wish for whiter teeth. Thankfully, undergoing a whitening treatment with your dentist is undoubtedly the safest method. Professional whitening is not only stronger than at-home kits, but is supported by the experience and expertise of your dentist. It also can be customised to your individual circumstance – your desired shade or sensitive teeth will be catered to accordingly by your dentist.
Whitening results vary depending on the condition of the teeth, composition and care. Most find that a yearly or twice-yearly touch up is all they need to keep a bright smile. Ensure the longevity of your white smile by avoiding strongly coloured food and drink, including coffee and tea, and following a comprehensive oral health routine.
During and immediately after treatment, some patients experience increased tooth sensitivity. This does not necessarily mean damage to the tooth. Bleaching opens internal channels of the tooth to effectively penetrate and whiten, which causes a sensation similar to eating something cold. This sensitivity experienced after whitening is generally short-lived, and should pass within a day.